LIBRARY INSTRUCTION PROGRAM
Sul Ross Librarians are here to help students, staff, and faculty at all campuses discover resources, accesses services, and build skills. All of these actions culminate in information literacy.
We support and promote research assignments that…
- grade students on how they conduct research alongside any final products
- encourage students to peer-review each other’s research processes
- demonstrate the research process in a specific field of study for students to gain real-world research experience
- provide clear and consistent instructions (working toward a common vocabulary) for how to conduct and report on research
- traditionally scheduled classroom instruction sessions (F2F or video) for any scheduled course
- collaboratively developed assignments
- embedded librarianship in Blackboard courses
- virtual reference service
- research consultations
- customized/updated research guides
Tours of the Library’s three levels, including an overview of the available resources.
LIBRARY TEACHING AND LEARNING TOOLKIT
The SRSU Library is currently involved in building out the Library Teaching and Learning Toolkit as part of the librarian-created Research Guides. The toolkit and associated links below are resources intended to help faculty teach or plan assignments with library learning outcomes in mind.