The SRSU Library and Archives of the Big Bend subscribe to licensed database products to support the educational and research needs of library users. In some cases, these databases are educational versions of commercial products. Users are advised that access to these materials is controlled by license agreements: violation of license terms by individual library users potentially jeopardizes future campus access for all students and faculty and exposes violators to sanctions.
The content of some databases is made available only for the individual educational and research purposes of authorized users. By proceeding to such databases, you as the user are indicating that you are aware of the following terms and conditions, and agree to conduct your use of this material accordingly.
Uses that are allowed:
- You may use databases for purposes of academic research or private study only.
- You may browse and search databases, and display their contents on the screen.
- You may make and save a digital copy of limited extracts from databases for academic purposes.
- You may print out copies of limited extracts from databases for academic purposes.
- You may reproduce or quote limited portions of the database contents for reports, essays, projects, and similar materials created for academic purposes, with appropriate acknowledgment of the source (such as footnotes, endnotes, or other citations).
- These limited extracts may be shared with other academic users.
Uses that are NOT allowed:
- You may not sell or otherwise re-distribute data to third parties without express permission.
- You may not use databases or any part of the information comprised in database content for commercial research, for example, research that is done under a funding or consultant contract, internship, or other relationship in which the results are delivered to a for-profit organization.
- You may not engage in bulk reproduction or distribution of the licensed materials in any form.
- Extensive downloading or copying, such as the use of spiders, is a violation of license terms.
last updated: July 31, 2023