Borrow books at participating libraries across Texas with the TexShare Program from the Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC). Learn more about the program from TSLAC.
HOW TO OBTAIN A TEXSHARE CARD
Apply online below after reading more about the program.
- Currently enrolled students:
- Apply or renew each semester in-person in Alpine or Eagle Pass, or online;
- cards expire at the end of each semester
- Current faculty and staff:
- Apply or renew each year in-person in Alpine or Eagle Pass, or online;
- cards expire on August 31 of each year
Note: TexShare cards are issued only to students, faculty, and staff without current fines
INFORMATION FOR TEXSHARE VISITORS
- Visitors with a valid TexShare card may check out five books at a time from the Bryan Wildenthal Memorial Library in Alpine
- There is a $0.25/day fine for overdue items
TEXSHARE PROGRAM AGREEMENT
An eligible student, faculty, or staff member of a TexShare member library may use the collections of any TexShare member library on-site, and, upon completion of the borrower’s agreement and with proper identification, borrow materials that they may take away with them. Any individual known to have outstanding charges at his/her home library may be denied the right to participate in the TexShare Card program.
Responsibilities of SRSU TexShare Card Borrowers
Eligible students, faculty, and staff will:
- Obtain and sign the TexShare Card which constitutes the agreement specifying the privileges and obligations associated with participation in the program and agree to comply with the terms and conditions of participation set out in the borrower’s agreement.
- Present appropriate identification as required by this Agreement and the lending library.
- Observe the regulations of the lending library.
- Return materials in person, by first class, insured mail, or by the TEXpress courier service where available, within the loan period prescribed by the lending library.
- Return materials immediately in person or by a form of priority mail if recalled by the lending library.
- Pay fines or any other charges assessed by the lending library, including, but not limited to, charges incurred as the result of late return, damage, or loss of materials.
- Surrender the TexShare Card to TexShare library staff if requested.