The SRSU Library offers face-to-face and web-based library instruction (synchronous and asynchronous) as part of our mission to provide learning resources and services necessary to support the educational, research, and information needs of the university.
Instructional Support Options:
- traditionally scheduled classroom instruction sessions (F2F or video) for any scheduled course
- collaboratively developed assignments
- embedded librarianship in Blackboard courses
- virtual reference service
- research consultations
- research guides
Formal and informal tours of the Library’s three levels, including an overview of the available resources. An orientation to the Archives of the Big Bend, housed on the second level, is also available with pre-planning.
Library Teaching and Learning Toolkit
The SRSU Library is currently involved in building out the Library Teaching and Learning Toolkit as part of the librarian-created Research Guides. The toolkit and associated links below are resources intended to help faculty teach or plan assignments with library learning outcomes in mind.
Get Help Outside the Library
-note that some of these links are under construction-
- Technology Training Resource Center: Area 207 online
- Blackboard help
- SRSU Tutoring and Learning Center
- Graduate Student Center
- Academic Center for Excellence
- Office of Information Technology
Open Source Textbooks relevant to Information Literacy
last updated: May 12, 2021