TexShare Card Program
The TexShare system allows eligible patrons of participating libraries to borrow books at any other participating library throughout Texas. This Texas State Library and Archives Commission program is a cooperative venture among Texas academic libraries, public libraries that belong to regional library systems, and libraries of clinical medicine.
Currently enrolled Sul Ross students: student TexShare Cards must be renewed each semester.
Current faculty and staff: these cards are good for one year and expire on Aug 31.
Note: TexShare cards are issued only to patrons without current fines.
Sul Ross students and employees may apply online for a TexShare card after reading the program agreement below. RGC students may request cards from the library at their campus.
To apply in person, Alpine campus students must bring their current Sul Ross photo ID card to the Information Desk on the first floor of the library and request an application. RGC students may receive a TexShare card from any SWTJC/RGC Library.
The program’s web site contains information about participating libraries and allows card holders to research a library’s holdings using their online catalog.
In the Library, TexShare card patrons can checkout five books including one McNaughton book at a time. A late fee of $0.25/day will be charged for overdue items.
An eligible student, faculty, or staff member of a TexShare library may use the collections of any TexShare library on site, and, upon completion of the borrower’s agreement and with proper identification, borrow materials that they may take away with them. Any individual known to have outstanding charges at his/her home library may be denied the right to participate in the TexShare Card program.
Responsibilities of Borrowers
Eligible students, faculty, and staff will:
- Obtain and sign the TexShare Card which constitutes the agreement specifying the privileges and obligations associated with participation in the program and agree to comply with the terms and conditions of participation set out in the borrower’s agreement.
- Present appropriate identification as required by this Agreement and the lending library.
- Observe the regulations of the lending library.
- Return materials in person, by first class, insured mail, or by the TEXpress courier service where available, within the loan period prescribed by the lending library.
- Return materials immediately in person or by a form of priority mail if recalled by the lending library.
- Pay fines or any other charges assessed by the lending library, including, but not limited to, charges incurred as the result of late return, damage, or loss of materials.
- Surrender the TexShare Card to TexShare library staff if requested.
For information about the TexShare card program at Sul Ross, contact Cindy Slocumb email@example.com, or call the Information Desk at 432-837-8272.