Library Services for Students
The Library is here to support your studies, providing you with access to information and the skills to make the most of it.
Borrowing and Your Library Account
There are a number of areas on the Library’s website that require login credentials.
- To view your Library Account and renew materials use your Campus Wide ID (A number) and your Library PIN number. How do I find out my Library PIN?
- To access the Library’s databases off-campus, use your LoboID and password — the same credentials used to log into MySRSU and Blackboard. Contact LTAC (Tech Help Desk) 432-837-8888 to obtain your login information.
You can renew library materials online, or see your currently checked out materials and unpaid bills at My Account. Need help? See IDs and Passwords. You can also call the Library or visit to renew.
- Undergraduate students are permitted one renewal per item.
- Graduate students are not permitted to renew 3rd floor book.
- Graduate students are permitted one renewal for all other items, including popular bestsellers.
- New due dates for media and bestsellers are based on the date renewed rather than the original due date.
- For example, an item is checked out for 2 weeks on May 18 and is due on June 1.
- If it is renewed on May 19, it is checked out for another 2 weeks and is due on June 2. But if it is renewed on June 1, it is checked out for another 2 weeks and is due on June 15.
- To take advantage of the renewal process, renew items as close to the original due date as possible before they become overdue.
- Once items are renewed, please take note of the new due date. You will be responsible for returning items on time. If the system will not let you renew an item, you must return it to the Library to avoid accruing fines.
- Items that have been requested by other library patrons are not renewable.
- Your library account must be in good standing to renew items online. Three overdue items or $3 in bills will block your record.
Circulating books – 3rd floor
Undergraduate Students: 4 weeks.
Reserve Items – Circulation Desk, 1st floor
Loan periods are designated by each professor.
Bestsellers – 1st floor
4 week checkout; Checkout limited to 2 bestsellers at a time.
Audiovisual Media – Circulation Desk, 1st floor
Loan period varies by type of media.
Please note that reference books, Archives materials, and magazines/journals/newspapers do not circulate. Due dates for charged items can be confirmed online by utilizing My Account.
Undergraduate Students: $0.10/day with $5.00 limit per book
Graduate Students: $1.00/day with $10.00 limit per book
From $0.10 to $3.00 per day, depending on type of media
$0.10 PER HOUR (using a 24-hour clock). If an item due at 9:00 a.m. May 1 is returned at 9:00 a.m. May 2, the fine is $2.40.
All InterLibrary Loan Materials
Please see the InterLibrary Loan page for details.
Unpaid fines of $3.00 or more halt borrowing privileges until the fine is paid below $3.00. Before a library user’s record is cleared, full payment must be made at the Circulation Desk (keep your receipt as proof of payment). Three or more overdue books will also halt borrowing privileges. Outstanding obligations will block patrons from registering for classes or obtaining transcripts.
Please note that any items overdue for a year or more are considered lost and will be charged to your account as we run our end-of-semester reports. The full replacement price plus a $10.00 processing fee per item will be applied to your account if the items have not been returned to the library by that time. Once billed, your borrowing privileges may be suspended until payment is received.
The Library does not accept replacement titles in lieu of payment for lost materials. To maintain the integrity of the Library’s collections, we reserve the right to conduct searches for replacement materials and choose titles which meet approved selection policies and procedures.
Please contact the Circulation Desk at at 432-837-8123 with any questions about overdue items.
Other Services for Students
Materials may be placed on faculty reserve at the request of instructors as supplemental course information. Look up reserve materials at Reserve Desk by instructor, course ID, or course name.
Sul Ross students may request InterLibrary Loans (ILLs) for
- books or articles not owned or electronically accessible from the Library
- electronic copies of book chapters or articles owned by the Library
Please visit the InterLibrary Loan page for more details.