Library Services for Rio Grande College and Distance Education Students
If you are are enrolled in Sul Ross State University courses (including those at RGC) but seldom (if ever) come to the Alpine campus, the following information is designed with you in mind.
Although the Eagle Pass and Del Rio campuses have learning resource centers, and all RGC students may use the services and resources of the Southwest Texas Junior College Library in Uvalde, Sul Ross students enrolled in classes at Rio Grande college are also encouraged to use the resources — both physical and virtual — that the Sul Ross Library in Alpine offers to all students of Sul Ross State University.
Distance Education is defined as a Web-based class, a class that is broadcast from the Alpine campus to another location, or is taught at a location other than the Alpine campus. The following statement should appear on all Distance Education Syllabi:
Students enrolled in distance education courses have equal access to the university’s academic support services, library resources, and instructional technology support. For more information about accessing these resources, visit the SRSU website. Students should submit online assignments through Blackboard or SRSU email, which require secure login information to verify students’ identities and to protect students’ information. The procedures for filing a student complaint are included in the student handbook. Students enrolled in distance education courses at Sul Ross are expected to adhere to all policies pertaining to academic honesty and appropriate student conduct, as described in the student handbook. Students in web-based courses must maintain appropriate equipment and software, according to the needs and requirements of the course, as outlined on the SRSU website.
There are a number of areas on the Library’s website that require login credentials.
- To view your Library Account and renew materials use your Campus Wide ID (a 100- or A number) and your Library PIN number. How do I find out my Library PIN?
- To access the Library’s databases off-campus, use your LoboID and password — the same credentials used to log into MySRSU and Blackboard. Contact LTAC (Tech Help Desk) 432-837-8888 to obtain your login information.
Search for Books and Other Media
WebCat, the Library’s classic catalog, is available from the library’s homepage to anyone who can access the internet. No password is necessary to search for books, videos, DVDs, CDs, etc. owned by the library.
My Library Account
Renew library material online or see your currently checked out materials and unpaid bills at My Account. Log in with your A number (without the leading A) and Library PIN number. How do I find out my Library PIN?
Online Renewal of Library Material
- Undergraduate students are permitted 1 online renewal per item.
- Graduate students are loaned 3rd floor books until the end of the semester. Those books are not renewable.
- Graduate students are permitted 1 online renewal for all other items, including popular bestsellers.
RGC or distance education students who require
- books or articles not owned or electronically accessible from the Library
- electronic copies of book chapters or articles owned by the Library
may request materials via InterLibrary Loan. Please visit the InterLibrary Loan page for more details.
Sul Ross students who are interested in borrowing books from other libraries in Texas can request a TexShare card. This card allows current Sul Ross students to use participating Texas libraries and must be renewed each semester. Please visit the page on TexShare card program for more details.