Services for Faculty and Staff
The Sul Ross Library is here to support you in your quest to foster student learning as well as in your personal research goals.
Borrowing and Your “My Library” Account
There are a number of areas on the Library’s website that require login credentials.
- To view your Library Account and renew materials use your Campus Wide ID (a 100- or A number) and your Library PIN number. How do I find out my Library PIN?
- To access the Library’s databases off-campus, use your LoboID and password — the same credentials used to log into MySRSU and Blackboard. Contact LTAC (Tech Help Desk) 432-837-8888 to obtain your login information.
- Renew library material online or see your currently checked out materials and unpaid bills by choosing “My Account” in WebCat and entering your Campus Wide ID (A number) and Library PIN number.
Note: Faculty users who still have a 100 number on their ID card can enter it (without dashes) in the CWID field.
Online Renewal of Library Material
Sul Ross Faculty and Staff are permitted:
- three renewals per book, omitting bestsellers which can only be renewed one time
- two renewals for audiotapes, books on CD, books on tape, CDs, CD-ROMs, filmstrips, kits, and slides
Other Services for Faculty
Materials may be placed on faculty reserve at the request of instructors as supplemental course information. By placing an item on reserve, an instructor limits the loan period, ensuring that all students enrolled in a particular course have access to the reserved material. Materials have reserve status only during the semester in which the designated course is being taught.
The Library does not otherwise limit access to reserve materials; anyone with a current Sul Ross ID may check out them out.
Placing Materials on Reserve
Sul Ross faculty members may place materials on reserve at the Library by bringing a completed reserve form (PDF, 786 KB) to the Library along with the materials to be placed on reserve. Please read the Faculty Course Reserves Policies and Procedures (PDF, 37.1 KB) before submitting materials.
The Library is not responsible for patron damage to personal items placed on reserve.
For information about the library’s reserve procedures, call Administrative Coordinator Cindy Slocumb at 432-837-8313.