Library Services for Community Borrowers
The Sul Ross Library is pleased to offer a Community Borrower card to Big Bend residents who meet the criteria below. The charge for a Community Borrower card is $50 with a yearly renewal of $25. The cards are issued and renewed at the Library Information Desk.
- The applicant must be a resident of Brewster, Jeff Davis, Presidio, or Pecos County.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant must provide proof of residency by presenting a current Texas driver’s license or Texas Department of Public Safety identification card.
Click to see our Community Borrower Card brochure for more information.
Children between 13 and 18 who are NOT enrolled in classes at Sul Ross State University may be given a Community Borrower Card with parental permission. The parent must have a Sul Ross Library Card or a Community Borrowers Card. The parent must also sign Computer Use Policy, giving the child permission to use computers and access the internet in the Library.
- Circulating Books – 3rd floor
- 4 week checkout
- Checkout limited to 10 books at a time
- Bestsellers – 1st floor
- 4 week checkout
- Checkout limited to 2 bestsellers at a time
- Audiovisual Media – Circulation Desk, 1st floor
- DVD/VHS 1 week checkout
Loan period varies for other types of media.
- Checkout limited to 2 media items at time.
- Reference books, archive materials, and magazines/journals/newspapers – 1st & 2nd floor
- In-house use only
Access to computers in the Library is available by using your 9-digit community borrower number when a computer prompts you for your login and password. Type in the complete number (including “CB”), case-sensitive, with no spaces, in both fields. This number will allow you access to the Library’s online catalog (WebCat), the databases, the internet, and the Microsoft Office Suite of software.
To ensure the security of your account, be sure to close the browser when you are finished and log off of the computer. To log off, click on “start” in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, hover over the portrait icon, then click on “sign off”. Do not give your community borrower number to others. It is for your exclusive use.
Abuse of printing privileges will lead to suspension of your Community Borrower Card.
For more information about Community Borrower Cards, contact the Information Desk at 432-837-8272.