What do I need to know about ILL?
- Users are responsible for all ILL material from the time the material leaves the Library until it is returned
- Users are responsible for all fines associated with ILL material (charged by the loaning library), even if the item is not picked up from the Library.
- Users will be held financially responsible for items returned in damaged condition
- Users will pay in full any processing, damaged, or lost/replacement fees the lending library charges the Sul Ross Library
- Users are responsible for following the instructions on the ILL book strap, such as For Library Use Only or No Renewals
- Users are responsible for returning the ILL item with the book strap, failure to do so will result in a $3.00 fine.
- Users may make requests, but may not check out new ILL items until their account is fully reconcile
NOTE: A $1.00 fee will be charged for each day the item is overdue, and a $3.00 fee if returned without a book/DVD strap.
Library patrons are restricted to checking out 10 ILL items (print books, DVDs, etc.) at a time. If you request more than 10 items at a time, the pending requests will remain in the queue. As you return items, the ILL team will process a new request. If you submit requests you would like to receive first, indicate so in the comments section or contact the ILL department.
Library patrons may request any number of electronic articles/book chapters at a time, but the ILL department does not guarantee they will process more than 10 within a week.
NOTE: All ILL materials are subject to recall from the lending library. When a recall occurs, patrons must return the item immediately.