Students can schedule research consultations/appointments with a librarian at any time, or stop by the Library Information Desk for research assistance or help using Library resources.
The Information Desk is staffed by a reference librarian Monday – Thursday 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (and on some evenings)
It’s helpful for students to meet with a librarian when they
- can’t find relevant information on a particular topic.
- need assistance brainstorming search words and search strategies.
- feel like they’ve hit a research “dead-end.”want to explore a topic.
- want to brainstorm possible research questions.
- feel like the information they are seeing “should” exist, but they can’t seem to find it.
- are having a tough time navigating Library online resources or the physical book stacks.