Library Collection Development
The SRSU Library welcomes your feedback and suggestions regarding the collection. Together we can build a useful, living collection with a variety of resources and formats.
There are several ways to make requests and provide feedback:
- Return a CHOICE card to the Library (details below)
- Send an electronic request from the “Request a Purchase” tab
- Contact the Collection Development Librarian
Requests must be approved by the librarian and will be ordered as library funding is available.
About CHOICE cards
CHOICE cards are provided by CHOICE Publication. Each card contains a book review. The Collection Development librarian will send relevant CHOICE card reviews to each Department Chair on a monthly basis. Professors can select cards that are of interest and are pertinent to their instruction. Any faculty member may sign a card and route it to the Collection Development Librarian for review.
Selection Process Notes for Faculty and Staff
- If the item(s) are approved, are within the library’s budget, and meet the library’s policy regarding selection, they will be purchased.
- If items are requested when funds are not available, they may be held and purchased the following fiscal year. Please let us know if you have requested items that should take priority.
- Please have orders in by the end of June so we may make payments in July.
Tip: Check out recently added books and media on the New Acquisitions Guide.